« on: November 05, 2020, 06:30:53 am »Message ID: 1344146
Where you see timeless beauty and important natural and cultural treasures, fossil fuel companies see profits to be exploited, no matter the cost.
Here are 7 wild places being targeted by the fossil fuel industry...and what's at stake if they are not stopped. By the way, the present administration doesn't seem to give a care!
1. Arctic National wildlife refuge, AK...Oil Drilling
2. Greater Grand Canyon Watershed, AZ...Uranium Mining
3. Bears ears National Monument, UT...Uranium Mining and Oil and Gas drilling
4. North Fork Valley, CO...Oil and Gas Leasing
5. Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, MN...Sulfide-Orr Copper Mining
6. Northern Red Desert, WY...Oil and Gas Drilling
7. Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, UT...Coal Mining and Oil and Gas Drilling
If we allow drilling everywhere, we won't have any wild places left. Please let your congressperson know how you feel about this and send a donation, if possible, to organizations like the Sierra Club or The Wilderness Society.