I've tried these tasks and the ones that are supposed to be the easiest are the "search terms" tasks. Do you have any advice or clues to why I do everything it says for these tasks and it still comes up with errors? The one part says for you to search on Bing.com and I do that. Then it says about Google search having only 5 search terms. Bing.com doesn't have 5 search terms it has 8...so I enter in NA for the last 2 blank spots. I don't enter in any sponsored results and I don't spell anything wrong so I don't know what the deal is??? It's very frustrating to see people earning from them but I do what the instructions say to do and I get inaccurate results??
I think I know which tasks you are talking about. The first one I'm think about is the "Search for terms" one. Those are my favorite too, but I noticed the past few weeks, I too get booted off mostly on the "Google" test questions. Most likely their answer key is out of date causing your correct answers to be evaluated as "incorrect". If you scroll down the error page, you'll probably find a message stating your "Nth" search suggestion was not correct (2nd, 3rd, 4th...). The best thing to do is on that page, note the search engine, the special search term (like "research" or "careers" or whatever the extra term was added to the base), and what is presently the Nth search suggestion (the one you have in your search engine results you listed) - include the information in the "unfair" comment field, and again using the "Feedback". When using the "Feedback" be polite and factual. Ask them to re-evaluate the answer key to make sure the term is included as valid if missing, or if mis-spelled to correct the spelling. I also ask that they reset my accuracy after the fix is complete if the task is still running so I can work it again.
If it's the "best match" search one search task, I'll provide the URL I selected and explain why I chose that as the best result. On that search task, typically the error page will list the "correct" URLs, and I compare their list to what I see. Sometimes I find I had a matching URL only mine had a and theirs didn't (some syntax), sometimes I find they have answers I don't see. When I present my feedback, I comment by comparing/contrasting their key with my results (was it a typo on their key, did it not include my URL - if not explain why it should be there, does their key appear to contain URLs not on the first page, etc). This task typically uses Google, and with Google's new search algorithm, it may make that task harder to keep up to date as Google is now trying to filter "recent" posts to the top, which may result in greater turnover. I know I submitted a warning to the Crowdflower team regarding this so they hopefully will keep closer watch on that task's key.
Usually I get some notification when they process my request and send it to whomever is running the task. I've been working these tasks and its various revisions for a couple years, and every once in a while the keys get messed up and it takes a little while for them to get straightened out. I also speculate that some may be due to a turnover in staff - new coders may leave more bugs in the tasks than experienced coders. Just move on to the next task and hope the next time the "bad" task shows up the key will be corrected. You can make sweet money on them when they are bug free.