« on: February 26, 2008, 10:35:38 pm »Message ID: 19413
just wanted to put this out there incase anyone has obopay and does'nt know about this. they are disabling the cards and accounts as their trail has come to an end. here is the email my cuz got and the ones i got when i asked if there was anyway to keep it....
Thank you for being a part of the Citi Obopay trial program. You have played an important role in the development of this exciting new technology and we appreciate your enthusiasm for the program. After gathering some helpful insights, we are now officially wrapping up the trial.
Mobile and website access to your account will be available until February 28, 2008. Direct deposits and cash loads will be allowed through March 4, 2008. You will be able to use the remaining balance of your Citi Obopay Prepaid MasterCard® through March 24, 2008. On March 25, 2008 your card will be deactivated and a check for the remaining balance will be sent to you. Please allow 2-4 weeks for the check to arrive.
If you have any questions regarding this change or wish to continue as an Obopay customer, please contact us at 1-888-8-OBOPAY or email@example.com.
You can expect to receive a letter from First PREMIER Bank® as well as a letter from Citi Obopay confirming this change.
Citi Obopay remains dedicated to bringing you the best products for sending and spending money right from your mobile phone. We look forward to serving your needs in the future and will inform you of any exciting new products that may interest you.
Citi Obopay Customer Management
this is the one i got when i asked if we could somehow keep it...
We do apologize but all card accounts will be transferred to no-card accounts. You will be able to send and receive money and unload it to your linked bank account.
Please see the letter that was sent out. Thank you and please let us know if you have any questions.
At Obopay, we’re constantly striving to bring you the best mobile-money experience possible. We take your feedback very seriously, and as a result, we are introducing new features that you told us you wanted to see from Obopay. With these new upgrades which are coming out in the next few weeks, you can receive money directly into your bank account and you can send money to anyone, even if they don’t have an Obopay account.
Along with these Obopay upgrades, we are discontinuing the existing Obopay Prepaid MasterCard® program. You can continue to use your Obopay Prepaid MasterCard® until March 24, 2008.
The following dates should be noted:
* February 28, 2008: Mobile and website access to your card balance will be available until this date. After this date card balances will only be available by calling customer service at 1-888-8-OPBOPAY.
* March 4, 2008: Direct deposits and cash loads will be allowed until this date. You will need to notify your employer or appropriate government agency if you are receiving recurring credits to your Obopay Prepaid MasterCard®, as they will be returned after this date.
* March 24, 2008: You will be able to use the remaining balance of your Obopay Prepaid MasterCard® issued by First PREMIER® Bank, through this date.
* March 25, 2008: Your card will be deactivated and a check for the remaining balance will be sent to you. Please allow 2-4 weeks for the check to arrive.
You have three options on how you phase out of using your Obopay Prepaid MasterCard®:
1. You can link your existing Obopay account to your bank account and transfer the money directly into your bank account.
2. You can simply spend the remaining balance on your card by March 23, 2008.
3. If you do nothing before March 24, 2008 your Obopay Prepaid MasterCard® will be closed and a check for the remaining balance will be sent to you.
In all cases, you will have the option to keep an Obopay “mobile only” account.
We encourage you to contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1- 888-8-OBOPAY if you have questions or need assistance during this transition.
Obopay is dedicated to bringing you the best products for sending and spending money from your mobile phone. We take your feedback very seriously and are proud to introduce new features. We look forward to continuing to service your needs.
Obopay Customer Management
Obopay Customer Support
just wanted to give you all a heads up for anyone who has direct depo on it as i know some sites offer it as a cashout.